A good, loving environment, with structure and support in which to develop
as a person.

Period.

That's what it's all about. Nothing else matters if you don't have that. If
you have that, you've got a better than average chance....no matter the
circumstance, be it same sex parents, adoptive parents, a pack of
wolves...whatever.