From: Jerry Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 11:26 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Nintendo Junkie

3-4 weekdays, 5-6 Saturday, 6-10 Sunday (depending on football, and Disney
Sunday night movie)

But football, soccer, baseball, karate, boy scouts, cub scouts, bikes, and
family camping got in the way of that.

Which is about what I am seeing from my 5-year-old nephew (my only reference
point).

He watches a little more, but between videos, dvds, netflix, on demand and
tivo, he gets to watch what he wants when he wants, rather than whenever it
is on.

He turns the TV on when he gets up, and it is on through most of his day.
But after the first time he sees a show, he doesn't sit and watch the whole
thing again. He will stop what he is doing to see a particulalrly good
scene, but then continues about his day. He wakes me about 6 am on Saturday
mornings when I sleep over. We'll play checkers, write books, ride bikes,
play Cariboo, organize his Netflix list, clean his room, listen to music,
play the drums and guitar, walk the dog, get breakfast, wash the car, get
dressed, wrestle. The whole time the TV is on, but it is more a background
thing. His parents get up between 8 and 11 (if they want to sleep in, it is
their one day to indulge), and they join in the chaos of treasure hunts,
grocery shopping, cleaning the house, building motorcycles and cars, walks
and bike rides in the woods, finding the dog, etc.

Jerry