Diesel vehicles generally are not known for their power, especially
the non-turbo older ones.  I think those Rabbits were the only cars
slower than my old 4x4 S10 Blazer.  That Blazer would have trouble
merging onto the freeways around here, it was the only vehicle I ever
owned where you could turn off the AC and actually feel a good
increase in power while accelerating.

--
Aaron Rouse
http://www.happyhacker.com/