We've got some great new articles on FA right now, including coverage on MAX
Day 1, a review on MiniMAX by John Dowdell, and an announcement of a great new
community product, PLUM.

These are the articles on the front page. We have others as well, but we're
still rotating them. The whole site is on Blackstone, and is running smoothly:

***Macromedia MAX Day 1:
The keynote of a conference should hook the people in the audience on the
entire conference. It should excite them about the company and a year's worth
of product and innovations. Macromedia did all that and more with their first
day keynote.

Read about MAX Day 1 here ...
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4325

***Kickstarting a Local Developers' Group: Minimax, New Orleans:
In big cities like New York or in Silicon Valley, user groups of numerous kinds
are everywhere. But in places like New Orleans, there aren't many forums to
find like-minded techies to form a user group. When MAX came to town, some
enterprising developers decided to piggyback on the bigger event to jumpstart a
new user group, and MiniMAX was born.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4324

***CF Hosting Revamps!:
CF Hosting is under new management. Find out what else is new at this
community-centered ISP!
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4303

***Productivity Enhancement Releases Plum V1.0 Public Beta:
PLUM, a free rapid development tool, code generator, application framework and
methodology, could save you weeks of development time! Find out what all the
fuss is about.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4333

***A Cost-Effective Alternative to Appliances: Port80 Software Web Compression
for Microsoft IIS:
Port80 Software just released two new web compression tools for Windows
servers: HttpZip and ZipEnable.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4334

***ColdFusion is a Lazy Coder's Dream:
Should ColdFusion be more OO? Scott Barnes weighs in on the pros and cons of
'strict' syntax.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4328

***Blackstone Dreamweaver Extensions #4:
>From Ben Forta's blog: "This extension will make Dreamweaver recordset
>functionality useful to those of us who have shied away from it in the past,
>and will also teach and demonstrate better coding practices to those that do
>rely on this functionality already."
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4326

***Blackstone Summer 2004 Press Links:
In case you've missed some of the press links about Blackstone from this past
summer (shame on you!), Damon Cooper has assembled some here.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4329

***Video Tutorials: Building Your First Database Application with ColdFusion:
Macromedia has created a six-part video series on creating a database
application with ColdFusion.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4314

***The RSS Watch Sample App: Monitoring RSS Feeds Automatically:
In this two-part article, Ray Camden takes us through the creation of an
application that monitors any RSS feed and returns matches when it finds a
keyword.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4319

***Understanding Design-Time and Run-Time Connections in Dreamweaver:
Find out about the database connections involved when creating and testing
dynamic database-driven web pages in Dreamweaver MX!
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4311

***Taiwan Industrial Development Bureau Signs Cooperation Memorandum with
Macromedia:
According to eTaiwanNews.com, Macromedia has just signed a memorandum of
understanding (MOU) with the Taiwanese government to cooperate on developing
the Taiwanese Web industry.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4332

***Railo: The Other, Other CFML Engine:
Find out about Railo, another ColdFusion compiler that translates CF code into
Java classes and executes it!
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4294

***Microsoft Pushes Search Technology to Market Amid Stiff Competition:
Microsoft has declared it's going head to head with Google with its own Web
search technology ...
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4323

***Renewed Browser Wars: IE vs. Firefox:
ZDNet's glowing review of Firefox puts IE to shame.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4321

***Better Laptop Battery Gauge:
Traditionally, the reading on your laptop battery's power levels can be off by
as much as 50%, but that's about to change. Texas Instruments plans to
introduce an inexpensive "gas gauge" chip ...
http://www.fusionauthority.com/Article1.cfm/ArticleID=4322

To see the full issue, you can go to:

http://www.fusionauthority.com/alert/index.cfm?alertid=141

Enjoy!!!