Sam,

I have been doing my best to ignore you and no doubt this makes me an
asshole too. But here is one more attempt to explain things to you
before I write you off again as a terminally closed mind. Discussion
is great and I enjoy it. So apparently do you. But you seem to think
that it suffices to show that there is another point of view out
there, regardless of the validity or accuracy of that point of view.
You can't post Rush Limbaugh in answer to the British Medical Journal
(for example) and expect people to take you seriously. I am wondering
why I am bothering as I write this -- no doubt you will construe it as
me calling you stupid -- but I see you as a kind of symptom of what is
wrong with the country right now, a polarization of information where
an entire segment of society believes things that are demonstrably
false. If you really want to prove that abstinence lowers the birth
rate, I'd suggest a link from a medical or possibly a sociology
journal. I say this without sarcasm. Waxman can certainly be
legitimately suspected of having an agenda if you are so minded, but
are his facts wrong???

Dana