>From the Washington Post today
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41379-2004Dec6.html

Nuts and Bolts of Bill (A look at how Government Agencies will Fare)

HEALTH

" One of the biggest changes did not involve dollars and cents, but rather
policy. At the behest of Rep. David Joseph Weldon (R-Fla.), House
negotiators inserted language allowing doctors, hospitals and insurers to
refuse to perform abortions or offer abortion counseling.

The budget for abstinence education increased by $30 million, to $105
million."

Welcome to the 19th century?

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Haskell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 8:31 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: science bush style

I am cool with teaching abstenience and all, though I have my serious doubts
on its affectiveness, but what I dislike about the thing that started this
and something that all of the waxman debunks GLOSS over are the complete
lines of Bullshit that the government is trying to feed kids. 48 chomosomes,
touching genitals can result in pregnancy, and that a 43-day-old foetus is a
thinking person. This is starting to sound very 1984 ish to me...

Adam H