Ray Champagne wrote:
> Another note, many of the ppl in these parts consider Dr. Morgan to be a
> savior.  He was the doc that did the work on Shil's ankle.
>
> And, now get this:  The Sox fired him.
>
> Whatever.
>
> Like I said, I still think that Pedro will do well in 'the other' NY.  I
> think there is a lot of metal pressure here for a guy who was a *god* for
> the past 6 years, then got demoted to #2.  Baseball is very much a mental
> game, especially for a pitcher.  But, I guess we'll see.
>
> The good part of this is that it frees up some serious salary for the Sox
> to go for Renteria (sp?) and Tim Hudson.  There is even talk of trying once
> again for Randy Johnson, although I think if the Yank me's couldn't seal
> the deal, then it can't be done.  Arizona made some serious moves at the
> meetings as well, so I doubt they are going to let him go.  The only deal I
> could see is for the Sox to give up Youklis plus cash and maybe a draft
> pick or two, and they are not willing to do that.  If they did get him,
> though, we'd have the oldest pitching staff in baseball I bet.  Reminds me

Why would they go for Renteria when they want to re-sign Orlando?
Granted Renteria is a better player then Cabrerra. But for a
value-driven GM like Theo, I don't think the Sox pull the trigger on
that.  A;though Edgar has always been under appreciated.

The Sox will re-sign Varitek.  That is the no brainer.  I'm hoping they
throw good money at Lowe.  If they sign him to 4 years I'd be super
shocked.  If that happened I would hope Cashman trade Giambi and Brown
to the Sox while Theo is still under the influence of his first
alcoholic beverage.  He can drink now, right?

Maybe all this has happened.  I haven't been following MLB too much
lately.  I heard that the Yanks and Pavona have agreed in principle to a
contract.  Depending on how the Sox rotation ends up, I think the Yanks
top 2 will be better then the Sox's top 2.  And as good as Foulke was,
he is no Rivera.  Plus Foulke had that horrible season in Chicago.  I'm
hoping that someone reminds him that he's Kevin Foulke and the Red Sox
are forced to trout out Alan Embree as their closer.

Pedro is all washed up.  Just even 4 years ago, someone asked me who I
would want pitching for my team if it was game 7 of the WS.  I quickly
answered Pedro.  It just wasn't that he was dominating, several pitchers
at that point were.  But he was unhittable.  He had that extra gear.  He
was so good that he could afford to drill a number 3 hitter to load the
bases and come back to strike the clean up man.   A complete monster.
Too bad he isn't a little bigger and bulkier like Clemens.

--
2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant.
Ron Artest: Extremely flawed, very accidental, semi-martyr