From: Dana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:47 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: easy Chinese translation

(oops, I confused kanji and katakana in my last post. )

Alright, do it this way. First of all, what's the English phrase you
want translated?? I may not be able to find an answer in the time I am
willing to spend and if so we don't have to worry about this. But if I
can, you can write either in hiragana, which look like this:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2047.html

or in katakana

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2048.html

or in kanji which are essentially Chinese characters,

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2046.html

possibly modified since they were adopted in the ninth century or
something. The latter is considered more erm....sophisticated, I
guess, no doubt because it is more difficult.

I have to say that having taken a year of the language I know almost
nothing.

Dana