Cameron Childress wrote:
>>>The market in that 10 year period has a return of 10% but you actually
>>>lost money because you have to weight it.
>>
>>Well said - the point is if, over the 10 years, you're also drawing
>>down that money to live off of, you have less and less to invest at
>>the same time you have to start taking on more risk.  One Enron and
>>you're sunk.
>

> You would REALLY suggest to someone that they leave their money in
> stocks after retirement?  Now I understand why you want the Federal
> govt to take away your money and handle it all for you.  :)
>
> -Cameron

Doesn't have to be while you are retired.  What if it was when you were
40?  The point is that the market returns 10% over any 10 year period is
not the guide for how much money you should expect to have in that same
10 year period.  It also highlights the risk of being in stocks.  People
should not just assume a 10% return.

--
2004 - The year $184M couldn't buy a pennant.

Ron Artest: Extremely flawed, very accidental, semi-martyr