> Larry wrote:
> I have no tolerance for willing ignorance.

With this last election I've seen so much willful ignorance or just
plain messed up thinking that it really has me worried.  Nevertheless,
that makes our challenge figuring out how to counteract it.

Look at the WMD discussions.  I said about 2 weeks after the US
invasion that there weren't any and that we'd made a big mistake.  I
supported the war and Mr. Bush until about that time.  Yet many people
continued to insist that I "have faith" and that it was, "just a
matter of time."  Faith over facts.  Hope over extrapolation.

Mr. Bush's teams aren't idiots, but they definitely believe their own
BS and they're great at marketing it via tried and true channels such
as Rush and Sean Hannity.  All of his staff suffers from this:
economic, national security, defense, etc.  It's what confounds me
about why people support him.

For example, Stormin' Norman was a huge supporter but when asked about
Mr. Bush's Iraq strategy (which was the polar opposite of his) he gave
no comment.  So how can you completely disagree with someone who's
brought your country to war when you're a former General, and yet
still support them?

Anyway, I'm taking my inspiration from Atticus Finch.