Culturally in the U.S. and in many other (but not all) countries, women are
taught a greater sense of modesty and therefore inevitably would be more
offended and humiliated by an intrusive strip search than men. That is our
culture. Is it fair? I don't know, but it takes into consideration our cultural
view of men's and women's modesty.

I wonder what Camille Paglia would think. Would she regard this agreement as
an attempt to reinforce male oppression over women? The unstated premise of
this agreement is that women are weaker than men and therefore are subject to
greater injury due to this mistreatment.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd love to hear her opinion on it, though.

> Ray wrote:

> So, consider the following quote from
>
> http://www.boston.
com/news/local/maine/articles/2004/12/27>
/settlement_reached_in_strip_search_lawsuit_against_york_county_jail/