In the law, spouces have more say than the person's parents in cases like this.

And no the right to die has not established. This sort of case happens
on a regular basis. Four years ago there was a similar case here in
this part of Virginia, where a brain dead man's life was needlessly
prolonged because, first his parents tried to intervene over his
written and his wife's express interests. Then a local state
legislative rep (an obnoxious, extremist right wing homophobic right
to lifer) tried to step in and stop the life support withdrawal order.
Fortunately the courts told him what to do with it.

Moreover the right to life movement is also trying to squash this sort of right.

larry