On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:08:29 -0500, Michael T. Tangorre
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>If you make a good play, get up and walk back to the huddle. If you
> score.. Act like you have been there before.. Walk back to the sideline.

Very few players today do this.  Sharpies and cell phones and
mock-mooning and the like are becoming all too commonplace.  I think
that for the most part, the Pats refrain.  Are they perfect?  No...but
compared to many other players/teams, I think they epitomize class
(which, I guess we agree on given your statement below).

> Tomy Brady screaming at the refs
>
> Overall however, the patriots are a very selfless team... Minimal "I" BS
> like so many other teams display.

No, I didn't see Brady screaming at the refs...but I didn't watch the
whole game either.  Like I said, they're not all perfect.  Football is
still a sport of emotion and heart, and sometimes that's bound to get
the better of you.

In reading a few articles prior to last week's game, I remember
reading one of the Pats players saying something to the effect of, "we
don't see ourselves as the 'defending champs'.  that was last year.
this is a new year and we're trying to win games".  That's the kind of
humbleness (?) to which I was referring.

--
Charlie Griefer

Marta was watching the football game with me when she said,
"You know, most of these sports are based on the idea of one group
protecting its territory from invasion by another group."
"Yeah," I said, trying not to laugh. Girls are funny.