I am going nutty here...

I am working on my layout for my site/blog (www.cfcoder.com /
www.cfcoder.com/layout_test.cfm) compliments of the Aura template. I got
sick of sifting through 5 CSS files so I combined the files which was
fine... ordered the styles alphabetically, cleaned up the short hand,
indentation, etc, etc..

Can someone explain inheritance in CSS in the simplest sense.

For instance.

Lets say we have 5 DIV elements... call them A,B,C,D,E

in the body style declaration we set the font size, line height, family,
color.
We make all font in A bold by declaring

#A font-weight: bold;

A now inherits the rest of the font properties above it (body) right? Does
not seem to be working for me. Lets say B is inside A, but likes the styles
on the body so will it inherit them?

What about C. C is inside B which is inside A. C however wants wants to jack
the size up a bit..

#C font-size: 85%;

Will C inherit or do you always have to specify the inheritance path?.. such
as...
#A #B #C {font-size: 85%;}

I am playing around but it seems that sometimes inheirtance is working,
other times no.

Any advice, tips, tricks, resources, etc would be much appreciated!

Mike