most AA programs I am familiar with are back east and target blacks.
If there are others I suggest that similar comments might apply.

Here in Albuquerque there is a lot of discussion about why certain
schools test poorly, the usual reason given by the schools being that
most of the kids are Spanish speakers. I am not aware of any
affimative action on this basis though, just excuses that let the
schools off the hook. However the socioeconomic pattern still
prevails. The schools attended by the old families that arrived with
Cortez do a lot better than the ones attended by the children of
recently arrived day laborers. This only makes sense if you think
about it.

Dana