Oh, it's not just that. As Barak Obama said quite well at the DNC, there is
a culture of ignorance within the African American community. Oh, I said
something that's controversial but true. 'Bookworms' in a black communities
are the targets, the ones who get beat down. Who gets respect? Not the
educated, not the learned. This has to change, not only there but everywhere
as it's growing.
I'll give you an example. In my community (religious Jewish), education is
seen as the top of the top. It's what you want, it's what you work for, etc.
You can be the strongest man in the world and you'd get less respect than an
average scholar. But that's the religious community. I've been listening to
some non-religious Jews from a certain part of the country talk and it
shocks me. They sound like the standard ignorant wiggers who make Gen X look
like Einstein. I can't understand how they became that way and you want to
know something, they are not going to be CEOs in the next 40 years in most
cases. (and I'm not saying all non-religious Jews are like that, just a
specific sample I have)
If this culture of ignorance is not reversed then whites and AA will not be
the issue. Asians, Pakastanis, Indians and just about every other immigrant
group who still prizes education will be the next CEOs and whites will be
added to the quota.
"Learn or die means something where I come from"

> I think the real problem that nobody wants to talk about still comes down
> to
> primary education. Primarily minority schools get less funding than
> primarily white schools.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble 
Ticket application

http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:144704
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to