Thanks. I will look. Right now I need to go though. A question before
I do though. Girls' schools are seen as a good thing, likewise
Catholic schools, Jewish schools and Native American schools. Black
schools such as Morehouse, which has a really good reputation, do
exist.

So possibly the segregation of our cities is not a bad thing into
black neighborhoods, Chinese neighborhoods, Hispanic neighborhoods etc
is not a bad thing and it helps society preserve and value cultures
rather than homogenize them into a big Starbucks-frequenting glop.

Except: it reinforces stereotypes where they exist. It makes it easier
to think of certain types of people as not quite like us and therefore
maybe ok to avoid, refuse to hire or even beat up. Seems
irreconcilable...

By the way I am aware that not all discrimination is based on race. I
know it very well :) I agree with 1 2 and 4 below. I have to think
about three. I don't think it should be abolished but maybe it would
be fairer to modify it?

Dana