> Dana  wrote:
>Take a look at the income numbers I just put up. They
> are recent and there is a very real disparity.

Statistically there are 0% women linebackers in the NFL, and I'd bet
white guys are a minority in the NBA.  Should we get an AA program
going to get those numbers up?

You can't look at those statistics and make any kind of determination
because you have no idea:

A.) How many people applied, and
B.) How many were qualified.

In fact on NPR right now there's show about the lack of women in
academia and there's a women saying that women are dropping out - that
is, they're NOT APPLYING for the jobs.  She doesn't know where they're
going, but she knows  they're not applying.

With the pay issue, I believe that, on the whole, it's because women
are less arrogant about themselves and don't negotiate.  I've
literally seen men who think they're smarter than Nobel winning
economists.  Of course they're not, but they actually think they are.

I've never seen a single women try that.