We're actually about to watch hellboy. We don't expect it to be perfect. On
the other hand, as a major Hellblazer fan from day -20, I can say with
strong authority that the movie not only sucks, but is one of those sucky
classics that people will go to see just because it has keanu (whooh, I know
occult).
I'm not hearing a lot good about the casting of the fantastic four and I
expect it to fall under the shadow of the incredibles.
The mask was a Jim Carrey vehicle and would have failed without him.
Spiderman was well done because it was not trying to be 100% serious. If you
really want, I'll ask Peter if any of his work is going to movie. He was
actually asked years back to write the print adaptation of the Hulk movie.
Peter did a FANTASTIC run in the Hulk and his name is still associated with
it for best of runs (I happen to have his original scripts from my ill fated
run at writing comics).
I'll also ask one of my friends at DC if anything is scripted for the
future. I may not be able to repeat it, but.... :)