You forget uncle moocher, kind hearted gifts, most people figure they never
have to work again.  If you're not working what are you doing other than
spending?

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 10:59 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: I now live with a millionaire

That's one thing I never figured out - how folks can go broke after
winning millions. If I understand right... and I may not... a normal
treasury bill pays what.... 5% or so? That would mean a "small"
lottery winning of 2 million dollars could generate 100k in interest.
Taxes would take a third I think, leaving you with like 66k per year.
That's a lot more than most folks make. If you don't quit your job,
and you earn 50k - your now earning a 6 figure salary.

If you win 5 million - it would be 250k before taxes, which would be
over 100k a year. That is an insane amount of money to live with -
live NICELY with. Why would you even bother touching the principle?