Yes, that's the problem. I don't suppose she expressed her wishes
beforehand? I have very mixed feelings about this. I had a grandmother
who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's though she eventually died of a
stroke so.. perhaps they were wrong. However the point is that there
was quite a bit of dementia for years and years before she died and
the effect on the family was horrifying. Nor do I think that she
enjoyed what she saw of herself in her moments of lucidity.

On the other hand, does your grandmother have enogh lucidity to
complain of thirst or hunger? Or are they just going to keep her
sedated?

I am inclined to say that this is a difficult decision which our
family has forttunately been spared so far, but that probably the
sooner it is over the better.....

Dana