To my knowledge, she did not express what her wishes were before she
was too far gone to ask. My father has been her legal guardian for at
least 5 years.

My mom said that the doctor's are telling her that it won't be a
painful way to go, as she won't notice that she's thirsty/hungry. (I
don't know how true it is.) I know that when I've seen her try to eat,
she usually forgets what she's doing almost instantly. I haven't seen
her in a while, so I'm not sure how much she's deteriorated.

There's no hope for a cure for Lewey Body. My parents have been trying
to find a research institution to donate her brain to when she dies.
There hasn't been nearly the research on Lewey Body as there has been
on Alzheimers. But, if Alzheimers is bad, Lewey Body is his mean and
nasty uncle. You get all the dementia of Alzheimers, plus psychosis
and parkinsons-like symptoms (tremors/loss of muscle control). The
drugs that control the psychosis are all forbidden, as they can kill
Lewey Body patients. She can't really be sedated, either, because it
would kill her. (I'm not sure why, but it's something about how the
Lewey Body affects the brain and how the drugs do, too. They cause her
to have mini strokes and such.)