> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Sandy Clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Sent: 03 February 2005 13:30
> > To: CF-Community
> > Subject: I'm so confused
> >
> > So I guess I have two questions.
> > 1) what PDA's do you guys like and why?
> > 2) Best place to buy a PDA.

I loved my HP Jornada 568 - but it recently bit the dust.

Now I'm using an IPAQ 1145 and like it (it's smaller that most) but I did
get an extended battery.

If I were buy a new one today and wanted top of the line it would probably
be the ASUS MyPal a730w.  It's a VGA PPC with Dual Slots (CF and SD), Dual
Wireless (Bluetooth and WiFi) and a built-in (but pretty low "camera phone"
quality) 1.3 MP camera.

However most VGA PPCs (especially those with lots of extras) get poor
battery life: something like 2-4 hours on the standard batteries.

So, considering my love of the Jornada and my desire for days and days of
usage I think I would probably be looking seriously at the HP IPAQ 2000
series.  They're the closest things to the Jornadas currently out.  They're
QVGA units, but have all of the rest of the trimmings and built in flip
covers.

Since I always keep my handheld in my pocket (with no bulky cover) that last
part is important to me.

Jim Davis