This would be my point. Apparently it's too easy and by the way it
would have netted the towing company about $250 less. They are
literally just barely inside county limits.

As for the why, I am told that Jeeps are currently in fashion with a
certain crowd here and in Mexico. Former boys will be boys types tell
me that it was probably headed either for the border or for chop shop;
given where it was found, probably the latter. To answer your other
question, it's a middle-class Hispanic area, not especially high-crime
but on the other hand not a gated community either...

Dana