Personally I understand the argument that killing animals for food is an
archaic way to live, but hard data is needed to show that there are viable
alternatives.

I think it has been shown that there are alternatives, if one works at it.  Now
to start off, this depends on how "vegetarian" the vegetarian is.  If one
doesn't eat meat and poultry, but will still eat some fish, eggs and dairy,
then it isn't too hard to develop a complete diet.  The more one takes away,
the harder and more expensive the alternatives get.  If one goes so far as to
refuse to eat food, even if it kills plants to harvest, one has a very tough go
at it.  And there are apparently folks who go this far.

I think when it comes to children, more extreme vegitarians, who eat no animal
products, can be be harming their children if they are not being throrough in
planing a complete diet through ingnorance or poverty.  Generally to get all
the vitimins, if one only eats plants, takes either more exotic foods that are
not widly available or supplments; both of which increase the cost of providing
a complete diet.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.