> Dana wrote:
> Now the law, yes, the law may well be that he is her guardian, but
> this is a case where the law is an ass.

Doesn't that phrase refer to situations where someone is knowingly
violating the spirit of law even though they're not breaking crimes?
If so, that not the case here as the law is clear and he knowledge or
lack thereof is her problem.  That's the whole "ignorance of the law
is no excuse" thing.  If I had a nickle ...

> It's very clear that he is at
> a minimum not concerned with her. When was the last time he visited?

Well we'll never know because we don't know them, but he may view
"her" as just an empty vessle now, with the "her" part having taken
flight 15 years ago.

However I have a feeling that that's a man's view and that yours is
closer to the truth.  It's too bad.