It depends.  The life insurance policy just has a beneficiary - which in
this discussion would be the cryo place.  That's just the money however.
It's actually your will that determines how your remains are dealt with.

I have to assume that you must set up a contract with the cryo place to
assured a "spot" as well (they also provide you with a bracelet or some sort
of ID to indicate that in the case of death you should be kept on ice and
sent to them).

>From what I've heard there's also a downpayment required.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to pull out of that kind of contract, but
I have to assume they would make it difficult.  The thing is any of these
"solutions" would require preparation, a contract and costs before death.
Of course none of them guarantee anything either.

Lastly it's also pretty unlikely that you'll die in the best of situations.
Any accident that can kill you may also destroy your brain or cause
irreparable damage.  If you die peacefully at home (or even from a heart
attack or the like) you may easily lie undiscovered for hours - more than
long enough for the brain to begin to decompose.

But the fact remains that with cryo even if you die in perfect condition and
are immediately frozen every cell-wall in your body is ruptured by the ice
crystals which invariably form.  The freezing process effectively destroys
every neuron in your noggin.

So even if they can cure what killed you in the future it's pretty unlikely
that they'll be able to repair you enough to revive you to do it.

Of course there IS a chance - there's always a chance - but I still think
that it's a miniscule one at the absolute best and other options are more
likely to result in technical immortality.

Jim Davis