> It doesn't sound horrible at all. We use javascript
> sparingly because
> of the problems it can cause if it's turned off. Just one
> of the
> problems with CFFORM too.

> Having a page work with javascript disabled is a W3C
> Priority 1 guideline.
> http://w3c.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-new-technologies

> "6.3 Ensure that pages are usable when scripts, applets,
> or other
> programmatic objects are turned off or not supported. If
> this is not
> possible, provide equivalent information on an alternative
> accessible
> page."

> Oh, that reminds me of something Jason was showing me
> today that we
> need to look at to make sure it's accessible. Wheeee.

I only agree with that stance when developing public-facing web-"site"
pages. When developing web applications (mostly what I do) my stance
is better UI means a better app. There are some things (okay, imo a
lot of things) that just come across really clunky and not very (or at
all) user-friendly when you're handcuffed to not having anything other
than flat HTML to present with. That being said, I'm very careful to
make my DHTML w3c standards compliant. There are only a handful of
exceptions I can think of that I've had to make recently, typically
for short-comings with IE like the fact that IE returns an error if
you attempt to set the css style for a table row to the w3c standard
default value of "table-row" (IE's default value is "block" which
doesn't work for browsers adhering to the standard).

s. isaac dealey   954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework