camo? I have seen the CRS on the metro but they were in uniform. But
they are military police kinda I think (usually used for riot  control
at the time) so it sounds plausible. Michel-Ange if I recall correctly
is the stop for the Boulevard St-Michel, heart of the Left Bank, near
the Sorbonne, lots of street people. Strikes me as possible that there
was some sort of disturbance on the train that was arriving.

There was one particular station that was notorious for robberies,
central Paris, Right Bank. Very long lonely distances between
platforms, so long they had these conveyor belt thingies. Might have
been Chatelet???? It's been a long time but that is a structural
problem that may still exist.

What I did like about Paris was that there were a lot of lines,  ans
you rarely had to walk very far to get to a station.

But this was also true of London and I am not aware of a crime problem
in the Tube. I could of course just not be aware of it. But when I was
there the thrills and chills came from all the signs warning you not
to touch unattended packages. The IRA set of several bombs in the
Tube. Yes, it was a while ago.

Dana