what I said, exactly, was that I think he is getting a bum rap. I
suspect that Karl Rove planted the story in the first place, actually.
Nonetheless, the facts did not get checked well enough, and that's a
problem. Unquestionably. But given the length and breadth of the man's
career it doesn't discredit him the way you seem to think it does.

I also said that it makes a lot of difference whether you are
reporting the news as a news anchor, conducting an interview, or being
interviewed. Reporters are allowed to *have* opinions you know. They
are just supposed to be able to see and also report the other side.

But again, so what? He at least has the ability to reflect on what is
wrong with current news reporting, not excluding his own, rather than
demonizing people who don't agree with him. I don't see Rush Limbaugh
showing that kind of introspection or humility for that matter.

Dana