We'll - I'm developing a zero button mouse.  I really feel that
scissor-switches and levers are the way to go.

The phrase "they're working feverishly on it" just strikes me as hilarious.
Have they not seen a Logitech mouse in the past 10 years?  No need to be
"feverish" about it - just do that.

Although seriously, my current mouse has eight buttons and a wheel which
does roll and tilt.  I don't use most of it, but the right button and wheel
get tremendous use.  However the "tilt" aspect of the wheel annoys me more
often than not (since I never intend to use it but often hit it by
accident).

The same thing with the other buttons - it's just faster to do things in
other ways most of the time.  Same thing with all the damn "shortcut"
buttons MS and Logitech are littering their now enormous keyboards with.  Is
placing a "mail" shortcut button on the keyboard really more usable than
placing a "mail" shortcut link on the desktop?

Even if so is it worth losing a square foot or more of desk space to
accommodate the enlarged keyboard?

I applaud Apple for finally (if true) seeing the utility of an extra option
or two - but I also wish that the Windows side would scale things back a
little.

Jim Davis