it could be a library computer, but even that would at least give an
idea whether the guy is in the same city as the school. I'd treat it a
lot more seriously if he is. And many libraries keep specific records.
Albuquerque for instance would be able to tell you for a fact which
library card was used to access which computer at what time. Not that
I consider this a good thing usually, but it is possible and would
help in this case.

I am not sure what Yahoo's capabilities are, but the ISPs I have
worked for used to be able to tell who was online when.

When you say private school do you mean like a boarding school? Also,
how old are these children and do they know that this is going on? Is
it possible that this is some friend of theirs?

Dana