mmm not familiar enough with the Robert Blake case to compare the two.
Perhaps the jury did not find the alleged hitmen believable? Just
asking, I have no opinion on this one at the moment.

Although I do think Scott Peterson was guilty, yes,  I do see a
disturbing echo of The Stranger in that trial. One difference though
is the fact that Laci was so photogenic whereas Blake's wife
apparently did not have a family championing her....

Dana