LOL...that's a cool story!  Although, I would question whether or not he
was really a scout at all.  :) Geez, knife safety is one of the first
things that gets drilled into your brain.

Speaking of that, I remember getting my first official Boy Scout pocket
knife very vividly.  It really felt like a rite of passage or something:
"What?  I get to keep this knife in my pocket all the time?  With no adult
supervision?"  Man, I was so psyched that day, I practiced whittling until
my hands were aching.  I wish I was as easily amused these days.....

Ray