Girl Scout Cookie sales is my favorite time of year.

I won't buy from an adult.  But I won't turn a kid down. I give them a little
bit of a hard time, ask them why I should buy cookies? How does buying cookies
help the Girls? etc.. I want them to really realize how it helps and how they
are helping themselves. I also spent several years in sales and want them to
learn a little bit about salesmanship so I make them talk about their product a
bit by asking? Are the cookies any good?  Which ones are the best?  etc..

Then I buy the ones they say are the best. I open them up take one or two
cookies, take a bite of one, tell them they are good, thank them for the
excellent choice, and then hand back the box and tell them to enjoy and walk
off.  I've been doing that for years.  It's great to watch the girls all gather
around to share in the bounty.

It is really a kick to watch the girls in the troop interact and
accomplish tasks...recently they set up and implemented the cookie
sales scheduling, including the contacts with the store managers for
site sales. Quite impressive to hear my daughter talking to the
grocery store manager on the phone, telling him how many girls to
expect and at what times.

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.