> ok so am I hearing that we do nothing until we hear from next of kin?

No, I am saying it would be in the best interest of the hospital to
find out who a person is that can speak for this patient.

She is conscious, meaning, eyes open and breathing on her own, right?
And I see in a later post, you are saying she is "conscious but
appears confused." Does this mean she can speak? Is it logical to
assume that she might be able to speak for herself in a moment of
clarity?

If there is a DNR on her chart, it is logical to assume that the place
where she came from, the nursing home, will have more information such
as whom to contact in case of emergency, no?

By the answering of "No" to the questions I posed earlier, you seem to
be indicating that she is not in need of resuscitation at this point
and I say, the hospital in its own interest, needs to identify someone
that is more closely related to the patient than the wife of her
lawyer.

Are you trying to draw a parallel to Schaivo here? What?

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher