an *unwanted* kitten is what I said.

If the family were unanimous that the patient would be horrified to be
in her present condition I would not have an issue with this outcome
though. As I said a couple hundred posts ago, if the patient wants to
refuse medical care, the patient is entitled to do so. If the patient
is unable to do so but it seems clear that the patient would want to
do so or that doing so is in her best interests, withholding medical
care is also appropriate in my opinion.

In this particular case both of these were being questioned, perhaps
reasonably or perhaps as you suspect not; but the issue should have
been reviewed, because what if a woman is dying who didn't want to?

What did happen is that the federal court decided that the original
Florida court acted in accordance with Florida law. While that is nice
to know, that was not really the question, in my opinion. As the
dissenting judge said, the intent was to have a fresh pair of eyes
review the case and it did not happen.

Dana