From: "Matthew Small" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:03 PM
To: CF-Community <cf-community@houseoffusion.com>
Subject: RE: CSS

"IE quirks"

Not to start an IE-Firefox war, but what I've noticed is that in IE, when I
want to move something to a place using CSS, it generally takes only the
code that I expect it to. In Firefox, I notice a lot of the time, that the
code that I would expect it to take to do a desired action is not what it
does at all, but something I don't expect it to do. I had the same
experience with Javascript as well, between Netscape and IE. However, I'm
told that IE does not conform to standards (not that I've ever found out how
myself).

Would I be correct in saying that MS (re)designs these standards to make
them easier and more intuitive to use, and this causes the mess? What good
are standards if they aren't easy to use? Why not make the future standards
based on the best available set?

I just don't get all of this... people bitch so much about Microsoft, and
there are some good reasons, but isn't making life easier a good thing?

- Matt Small