Philip

I've lived in Australia all my life, most of it in regions with strong support for
Aussie Rules (the four football codes -
Australian Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer, with American Football VERY
MUCH a fringe sport here - have VERY
distinct regions of support) and I have NEVER seen a women's Aussie Rules game.  At
best, it'd be a fringe sport, even in
Melbourne and Adelaide which are the heartland of Aussie Rules.
My guess is it would be on a par with women's Rugby Union - something played by a very
few women, most of whom grew up with
fathers who wish they had sons.  That's not meant to be misogynist or disparaging in
any way, but I think it'd be the fact.
That said, you're just as likely to see the same behavior on the court in our WNBL
(Women's National Basketball League - pro
basketball girls with the best team in Australia's, the Canberra Capitals, home court
just 5km from my place) and the National
Netball League (which gets Australia-wide free-to-air TV broadcasts for two hours
every Sunday afternoon).

Steve
Stephen Collins, Technical Consultant - ACIS (Australia)
Allaire Certified ColdFusion 5 Developer

 Work : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Personal : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ICQ UIN : 56321783                       Yahoo! : trib

  "Before I got into triathlon, I was a normal person."