> I've lived in Australia all my life, most of it in regions with
> strong support for Aussie Rules (the four football codes -
> Australian Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer, with
> American Football VERY MUCH a fringe sport here - have VERY
> distinct regions of support) and I have NEVER seen a women's
> Aussie Rules game.  At best, it'd be a fringe sport, even in
> Melbourne and Adelaide which are the heartland of Aussie Rules.
> My guess is it would be on a par with women's Rugby Union -
> something played by a very few women, most of whom grew up with
> fathers who wish they had sons.  That's not meant to be
> misogynist or disparaging in any way, but I think it'd be the fact.
> That said, you're just as likely to see the same behavior on the
> court in our WNBL (Women's National Basketball League - pro
> basketball girls with the best team in Australia's, the Canberra
> Capitals, home court just 5km from my place) and the National
> Netball League (which gets Australia-wide free-to-air TV
> broadcasts for two hours every Sunday afternoon).

I actually saw a game over here in the UK - not sure about how it's played
in Oz

I used to work with a British guy who played and he introduced me to the
women's game - they were COMPLETE lunatics!

Gotta love women's sports where they can be violent

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited