I've got to say, this is pretty off base.  Everything I've seen of Neo so
far looks pretty good.  Yes, there are certain aspects of application
development that have changed drastically, but these changes all result in
more stable and faster running apps.  If you know jsp or have someone at
your company that does... great, you'll be able to import the jsp tag
libraries and do cool stuff.... if you don't know or want to know anything
about jsp Macromedia has not abandoned you.... you will still be able to
function as a very productive CF Developer.  Bottom line is that the changes
made to the cfserver in the next rev. were all decided on in order to create
a better product.  Personally, I think some of the features in Neo have been
a long time coming, and we developers should embrace them.

~Simon

Simon Horwith
Macromedia Certified Instructor
Certified Advanced ColdFusion 5 Developer
Fig Leaf Software
1400 16th St NW, # 500
Washington DC 20036
202.797.6570 (direct line)