you're stuck on that. He was apparently her most distant caretaker, so
how could he possibly know whether the diagnosis was correct? But
maybe we are on the crux of the difference between us here. While what
was done was in accordance with Florida law, sure, it troubles me that
the law presumes a certitude whose validity I question. I know quite a
few people whose mothers were told that giving birth to them was
essentially child abuse.

Dana