During a 6 month stint doing ISP Tech Support right after college, I got a
call from a woman who was frustrated trying to install a new modem.  She'd
never been able to log on even once to our modembank.  After trying to
explain that she needed to contact the modem vendor for support and going
round in circles with her inexplicable lack of knowledge about ANYTHING, I
finally started trying to help her.  After some time trying to get her to
even tell me what OS she was on, I finally determined that she was
attempting to connect to us using a modem and her television.  No, not
WebTV, an external modem and a cable ready television.

And then there was the time the owner of the ISP got all excited about being
able to offer 56K dialup services and went out and bought about 20 - 56K
modems for us to add to our modembank for users to dial into.  Duh, yeah
that will work - NOT.  After explaining that 56K didn't work that way, he
still insisted in setting one up and trying it.  That's when I knew the ISP
was doomed.  They are now out of business.

-Cameron

Cameron Childress
elliptIQ Inc.
p.770.460.1035.232
f.770.460.0963
--
http://www.neighborware.com
America's Leading Community Network Software