OK, so we differ on the solution.  It has always been up to the government
of every nation to determine the correct path for that nation.  Not everyone
agrees with the path, and whether or not it works is as often a point of
view as a statistical fact.

I see that the whole point of the argument for legalizing marijuana (except
for medical purposes) is "I want to do it, it hurts nobody else."  But I
think you're wrong - it cannot do you any good, and could affect somebody
else.  Nothing good comes from its use, and it is just another addictive
substance.  Smoking (tobacco) and alcohol are the same way.  Both of them
affect my quality of life due to the effects of DUI and the cost of
government help with idiots who now have cancer from smoking for 40 years
and then demand Medicare to treat them until they die.  What's more, tobacco
smokers insist on smoking everywhere that's it's not restricted and then I
end up inhaling their second-hand unfiltered smoke if I happen to be
nearby(such as in a restaurant or a grocery store (yes, I said grocery
store) here in the South), thereby affecting my health.

There is no good recreational use for marijuana based on the "I want to do
it" argument.  Do I want to outlaw tobacco and alcohol?  Definitely tobacco.
I use alcohol sometimes, and now only in a safe manner.  But I have abused
it, driven home drunk, and endangered myself and others in the process. It's
definitely wrong, and I've never had an occasion to use alcohol in a manner
where it did something useful.

Why are not the drugs we have enough to satisfy us?  Why aren't alcohol and
tobacco enough to kill us in the manner we need?  Why must marijuana also be
added to the mix?

Matthew Small
Web Developer
American City Business Journals