> -----Original Message----- > From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:28 AM > To: CF-Community > Subject: Re: Shark-brat and Lava-poop > > Thanks for the recommendation. I had heard of the film, but didn't > know it was appropriate for kids.
Well - I won't say "it's appropriate" - but I let MY kids see it. ;^) If they liked "Spirited Away" then they should like this - but I've had parents tell me that they were "shocked" that "Spirited Away" was considered a "kids movie". Heck - I've had people tell me that "My Neighbor Totoro" was (in their opinions) too scary for kids. How could you have a kids movie where the mom was in the hospital and a child was feared dead! Kids want dancing happy puppies, don't they? ;^) > To totally fork this thread - I'm thinking of picking up a few > 'classics' for my kids - stuff that I think my 5 year old will get > into.... > > The Dark Crystal (didn't know puppets could be so cool ;) > The Black Hole (my eldest is an astronomy buff) > Labrynth (I know I spelled it wrong - and I know the show is a bit > silly, but still) To stick with the Henson Theme you've sorta got going also consider picked up the two "Storyteller" collections. They original aired on TV but were quickly cancelled (stupid TV). One collection is all Greek myths, the other all world folk tales. They're all done "straight" (in the style of "Dark Crystal" rather than "The Muppets"). Really beautiful work. Of course I can't say enough about Mizyaki's movies (and most are available from Disney now). My favorites are "Nausicca and the Valley of the Wind", "My Neighbor Totoro", "Kiki's Delivery Service", "Castle in the Sky" and "Spirited Away" (I know - a lot of favorites - but he's freakin' brilliant). My son also, for some reason, REALLY loved, as a toddler, watching "Project A-Ko... even tho' we only had the subtitled Japanese VHS then... weird? Oh - you've probably already seen it and it's relatively recent, but "The Iron Giant" should also be on any list of classics. ;^) Jim Davis ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support efficiency by 100% http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160517 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54
