I actually applied to do some computer training this summer in Kenya.
Not sure if the program fell through or what - but I never heard back.
It was an Extension program, and from what I hear, everyone that
applied from Wisconsin (there were different positions) never even got
called back. Annoying as all hell. But, I know it's hard to put that
sort of thing together.

And thanks for rewording my sentiments - I was having no luck
explaining that the culture is not simple. ;)

> Several years ago I worked on a short term contract with the Bureau of Labor 
> Statistics on an aid program intended to bring computer based training to 
> villages in east Africa. That package failed because of the lack on 
> connectivity and the price. It seems that this group managed to get around 
> these restrictions. If it works, I can see "bare-foot medico" type training 
> for villages, trades and skills on-line training etc. This may end up being a 
> very big boost for those villages. Its this sort of foreign aid that works 
> best - helping people themselves haul themselves up by their boot straps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Discover CFTicket - The leading ColdFusion Help Desk and Trouble 
Ticket application

http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=48

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160768
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to