Oh yeah.  We lived in Ohio for a year when I was a kid, and we had 
something very similar (if not them exactly) living in some old railroad 
ties that bordered a garden in our back yard.  My sister was stung a lot 
by them, but not nearly as much as I was by the wasps that lived in the 
birdhouse.

- Jim

Ray Champagne wrote:

>I found out this weekend that my tool shed is infested with Carpenter 
>bees.  I had never heard of them until this weekend.  Apparently, they 
>are termite-like bees that tunnel into soft wood.  I could hear 
>"chomping" sounds in my shed, thought it was mice or squirrels until my 
>neighbor informed me of what they were.
>
>  have red up on them, and it seems that they are difficult to eliminate 
>at this time of year, since the eggs have already been laid. I plan on 
>doing the recommended spraying in the holes and tunnels that they have 
>created, and was wondering how many times I am going to have to do this. 
>  Google's results say once to twice to "several".
>
>Anyone else ever had to deal with these annoying things before?
>
>Bees are going to end this world, I swear.  Remember when you just had 
>to worry about getting stung?  Now you have to worry about killer bees, 
>stepping on a mud hornet nest, and having your house collapse because 
>they ate your framing.  Jeez!
>  
>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Purchase RoboHelp from House of Fusion, a Macromedia Authorized Affiliate and 
support the CF community.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=59

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:5:160799
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/5
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:5
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to