I don't see the shift to the right. Many on the right thing W is too
Liberal, not defending the borders and excessive spending.
The Red States Right Wing is more of a "Don't force Gay culture on me
with" revolt rather than a true Right-wing movement. The Gay movement
was too aggressive too quickly and that's what brought out the
Conservatives. They need to move slower and they'll get what they
want.