It say the court rejected the appeal of the reporters.

I'm not sure if the appeal applied to people who committed a crime by
speaking to the reporters about this or if this applies more broadly.
I'm hoping that they saw this as an exceptional case, which is well
within the bounds of reason. In this case, talking to a reporter is in
itself a crime because it puts the lives of US security agents at
risk, which should be strongly discouraged. In this case, the
perpetrator was hiding behind the journalists. In a whistleblower
case, the whistleblower is not normally committing a crime by talking
to a reporter. The reporter in that case uses immunity to hide the
innocent and just, while in the case at the court the reporters were
using immunity to hide the guilty.

Hopefully there will be another article that says if the justices made
a distinction. I also have to agree with the cable decision, although
very reluctantly. The court should defer to the federal agency with
expertise in that area. It just so happens that in this case that
federal agency is being run by people who do not have the best
interests of US resident citizens in mind. They much prefer
corporations with money.

--
"My mind is a scary place." The Tick

Now blogging....