> Evidence please. The ACLU's annual report show that most of their money is
> from small donations, according to their 2004 annual report,
> http://www.aclu.org/About/About.cfm?ID=17235&c=204
>
> Moreover with that argument most organizations to the right of center fit
> within your criteria, yet you do not decry them.

I see 78% of income from "Grants and Distributions". How do you know these
were "small" donations?

And i'm happy to decry right of center organizations, but currently we're
sucking the ACLU's shlong, so i'll examine them. Right now, the right wing
group i'm most annoyed with, is the ultimate right wing group. I'm sick of
getting frickin emails from the RNC about Bush's birthday or why democrats
are going to burn in hell.

> I guess that protection of the constitution isn't of interest to you.

Once again, i'll ignore childish statements and address adult ones.

>>And I'm not sure I agree with your ascertion that you have to go "over the
>>top" to get normal stuff done. When an organization starts going "over the
>>top", they start to trivialize themselves in my mind (PETA for example).
>
> Where and when? The cases that the ACLU have taken on are constitutionally
> based. What is over the top with that? Even though a person may be
> reprehensible and obnoxious he or she has the same set of rights as you
> do. One cannot have selective rights. We either all have the same rights
> or we have none. You cannot pick and choose.
>
> larry

Gruss was making a general comment that sometimes you have to go over the
top, to get "normal" results. I stated I didn't think that was necessarily
true, he qualified what he meant to say, and i agree with him (such as from
a negotiation stand point, if you really want A, you start with A,B,&C, then
drop B&C as a "compromise", to get A).

No sure why you brought up selective rights....